The Bradford & District Union of Golf Clubs Code of Conduct for Young Golfers has been designed to ensure that all Young Golfers have a point of reference providing the minimum standards expected when participating in golfing activity.
All Young Golfers should ensure that they are fully conversant with the code and should strive to meet the code at all times.
• Treat all other golfers with the same respect and fairness you would like them to show you.
• All golfers should be able to participate in golf without fear of ridicule, harassment or restriction. Uphold this value in all that you do.
• Demonstrate fair play on and off the course. Respect differences in gender, disability, culture, race, ethnicity and religious beliefs between yourself and others.
• Challenge discrimination and prejudice.
• Look out for yourself and the welfare of others.
• Do not engage in any irresponsible, abusive, inappropriate or illegal behaviour.
• Challenge behaviour that falls below the expected standards of the Union.
• Speak out if you are concerned about anything, your own needs or the needs of others.
• Be organised and be on time.
• Do not leave the club following a coaching session, match or competition without the knowledge and permission of the Junior Organiser or person in charge.
• Follow the Union rules and dress codes.
• Listen to the Junior Organiser and other representatives of the Union and comply with their requests. They have your best interests and those of the whole group in mind.
• Demonstrate the highest standards of behavior at all times.
• Advise the Junior Organiser of any medical conditions which may affect your standard of play.
• You should not:
o Consume alcohol or illegal and performance enhancing drugs.
o Use foul and abusive language.
o Gamble (e.g. on gaming machines).
I agree to abide by the above code of conduct while in the care of, or representing the Bradford & District Union of Golf Clubs
Signature of Junior Member
I understand and agree that my child must abide by the above code of conduct.
Signature of Parent / Carer